PROJECT: RESTORE FIBI exists to serve and support families who have a loved one behind bars. We are FAMILY-FOCUSED. This means that our approach centres on the family as a whole and the provision of holistic family services, which are further complemented by one-on-one focused support for individual family members. We believe that if we focus on restoring families then we can transform communities. Therefore, we:
– Use a “family-first” model to re-emphasize the importance of strong family relationships and integrity (values and stability)
– Empower family members through personal responsibility, mentorship and accountability and help them to establish sustainable networks of support
– Teach families how to develop their family dynamic of healthy habits, appropriate boundaries, and daily routines that encourage consistent, responsible choices, actions, and lifestyles
VISION: Seeing families strengthened, affirmed and included, AGAINST ALL ODDS, for stronger communities and brighter futures.
Project: Restore FIBI provides services to facilitate the restoration of families impacted by incarceration.
MISSION: Keeping families intact and thriving!
The goal of Project: Restore FIBI is to strengthen the family unit and through those relationships, and increased connectedness, mitigate the negative effects of incarceration. This ‘family-focused, family-first’ approach enables solutions and services that address both direct and indirect interactions with the criminal justice system and interrupt personal, generational, and intergenerational cycles of incarceration and its inevitable impact.
– To support the development of GREAT families who become imperative members invested in the creation, promotion and strengthening of their GREAT communities;
– To provide a SAFE COMMUNITY for women – who have a spouse/partner, child, or family member incarcerated – to share their stories, knowledge, and resources with one another; while also building healthy relationships, time for self-love and nurturing, and plans for a bright and successful future;
– To correct the NARRATIVE of children impacted by parental or familial incarceration so they do not define themselves or their future possibilities by the actions of their incarcerated family member; but, instead are provided with equitable access to inspiring perspectives, life-changing opportunities, positive community supports, and mental health and trauma-responsive services; and
– To share the PERSONAL STORIES of the Canadian families impacted by the Justice System; creating awareness, and establishing a framework for vital restorative systemic and community supports